2.05.2012

Inspired by Leonard Cohen's "Who by Fire". I love this wonderful song. The imagery and creativity and thought put into the words. Illustration is a play on life and death and mirror reflection.
Paint, henna stencil and pencil drawing.
Left panel is stamped and images from the hipstamatic camera for iPhone were printed on canvas paper and altered. Song is inspired by the Counting Crows, "Round Here". "She has trouble acting normal when she's nervous."
Inspired by Peter Cincotti's, "Always Watching".
Inspired by the Tragically Hip's, "38 Years Old'. "Freezing slow time away from the world
He's 38 years old, never kissed a girl". Beautiful.
Well, I mailed out my book to Amy McDonald last week. I made alot of progress, but still didn't feel like I was done. I guess I can finish it when it finally comes back from the round robin. I received a book on Saturday from one of the artists in the round robin. It's a cool book with images of people who do undesirable jobs like, poop scooper, funeral home cosmetologist. Her theme is the taro, which is pretty interesting. I'll post an image as soon as one is complete. I am about 3/4 through the first spread. I tackled he death card, which works really well with my Day of the Dead artwork. It's Super Bowl Sunday, and a good day to get some art done since I hate football.

No comments: