I began by prepping the background with a variety of acrylic paints. and then scratched down to the undercoat layer. I went back in with other colors, and pens and gold paints. The illustration on the left is a hand colored lino stamp. If you look back on older posts you can see the original stamp. I collaged some french words around the image. Then I used my trusty dymo plastic label maker to punch out the words. I'll seal it before sending.
In some samples (like the skull prints) I painted a background and then applied the stamp on top. I also used one of the stamps in an altered book spread. So many options, and I can use them over and over again.
Been making carved stamps today. I've used soft cut Lino blocks and speedball cutters to make these. Then I used a StazOn ink pad to test the prints. This way I can check how they print and make any additional fixes to the block. These are pretty addicting.